Get the Gospel to Everyone in the Upstate of SC in 2019.
With an overall population that's growing, and a Christian population that's shrinking, the battleground has come to the Upstate of SC. Now is the time for action. Now is the time for the Church (all those in Christ) to take advantage of the mission field right in front of us.
Mission of Mission Upstate:
Glorify God through the sharing of the Gospel to every person in the Upstate of SC.
Purpose of the Mission:
An increasing number of individuals outside of Christ are here. Motivated by a love for God and His direct commands to share the Gospel and by a love of those who are perishing; we seek to help our neighbors understand Truth.
Take the Pledge
• Whereas Our Lord has directly commanded me to go and make disciples (Matthew 28:19-20);
• Whereas Our Lord has called His followers to be a witness to the world (Acts 1:8);
• Whereas those that share the Gospel are blessed (Romans 10:14-15, Isaiah 52:7);
• Whereas Our Lord has directly commanded me to bear fruit (John 15:16);
• Whereas I, as a member of the body of Christ, am duty-bound to fulfill my role (Ephesians 4:16);
• Whereas I am to follow the example of Our Lord and His Apostles (Matthew 4:19-20);
• Whereas I am called to be a God-glorifying light to the world (Matthew 5:14-16);
• Whereas love for my fellow person logically dictates a need to share the Gospel;
• Whereas I acknowledge that the Gospel itself is the power of God unto salvation (Romans 1:16);
• Whereas God alone can change hearts (Ezekiel 36:26-27, 1 Corinthians 1:18-31);
• Whereas the Gospel message can be communicated clearly in a matter of minutes (Acts 17:16-34);
THEREFORE, be it hereby resolved that I will actively seek to fulfill
the Great Commission through the sharing of the Gospel to at least two new people per week for at least one full year.
This document is by no means an oath or sworn promise, the likes of which would violate Matthew 5:34. It is nevertheless a formal recognition of facts drawn from Scripture that I, as a born-again Christian, am to evangelize regularly. Furthermore, it is a recognition that a failure in this matter is a grievous sin. Ultimately, this pledge is a formal commitment to how specifically I plan to fulfill that Great Commission in my daily life.